Neptune PCI-X Adaptor to Quad Serial ATA RAID Controller
The NEPTUNE device is designed to support PCI-X and PCI 3.3Volt interfaces with clock speed from 0 to 133MHz and bus widths from 32 to 64 bits wide. The PCI-X block is an industry proven interface block. The NEPTUNE IC is capable of supporting a boot BIOS Flash EEPROM up to 1Mbyte in size. The Neptune Device connects directly up to 4 serial ATA devices without external PHYs. Four GEN1 PHYs are built into the Neptune chip. All four Serial ATA channels and the Four RAID/DMA controllers are completely independent and can be treated as four PCI-X Bus Master Controllers. PCI-X is also able to access all FIS/STATUS and data channel fifoes directly through the PCI Target interface controller. This Controller can run in I/O or Memory Mode.
- PCI-X/PCI 32 or 64 bit, 33MHz, 66MHz, 100MHz, 133MHz Bus Interface
- Supports DMA Bus Master Interface
- 4 independent Scatter/Gather DMA Engines
- Single Cycle Steal DMA Architecture
- Four Independent 1Kbyte FIFOES for full speed (1Gbyte/sec) operation.
- Industry Proven PCI-X interface block
- PCI Configuration Block for selecting Interrupts, Bus performance
- Supports up to a 1Mx8bit Flash EEPROM for BIOS/Boot Loader
- 64 bit Internal iBUS architecture used for performance and scalability.
- Link List RAID engine for true non-gapping data interlacing with Serial ATA Devices.
- Ideal For File Server, Video Server Applications
- RAID 0/1 Auto Update Multiple Files on Write
- Programmable Interrupt Controller
- Auto-Status Update in host main memory
- Command Packets Accessed in main CPU memory by Bus Master RAID controller
- Four Channel Serial ATA rev1 compliant- Generation 1 Host.
- Four Sets of Serial ATA FIS register blocks
- Four Independent Serial ATA Host controllers
- Built in PHY and SERDES logic
- Programmable PHY serial optimization through jumpers, serial interface or external serial EEPROM
- Big Drive Interfacing- 48 bit block Addressing.
- OOB COMINIT and COMWAKE Generation.
- 8B/10B Encoding and Decoding.
- Separate Cont and Data Scramblers.
- 32 bit Internal Buses for Encoding/Decoding/CRC Generating/Checking and Scrambling.
- Frequency Synthesizer for independent Serial ATA clock and Parallel ATA clock.
- Clock Recovery PLL for Deserializer and Decoder circuits.
- Primitive Decoder with auto Task File Updating.29. Dual 1024 byte Transmit/Receive FIFO’s for over run prevention used in each SATA Channel
- Auto Inserted Hold Primitives to prevent under runs.
- Receiver impedance equalization for best system performance.
- Power Monitor for glitch free Power Off/On cycles.
- Low Power